More than 170 countries use the Harmonized Coding System for classifying goods for customs purposes. Understanding how to interpret individual HTS schedules is essential in determining the duties for your products and if they are eligible for preferential treatments.
Our subject matter experts can assist you with:
DSV Customs Brokerage team works with importers and exporters in this critical aspect of their international operations.
- Tariff classification (Import/Export, ECCN)
- Tariff engineering and duty minimization
- Search of US Customs Rulings applicable to your goods
- Applying to US Customs for a Binding Ruling of your own
- Product Database validation
Free Trade Agreement (FTA)
Free Trade Agreements (FTAs) have proven to be one of the most effective ways to open foreign markets to U.S. exporters. Trade agreements reduce barriers to U.S. exports and protect U.S. interests and enhance the rule of law in the FTA partner country. The reduction of trade barriers and the creation of a more stable and transparent trading and investment environment make it easier and less expensive for U.S. companies to export their products and services to trading partner markets.
The U.S. currently has trade agreements with 20 countries
Are you getting the most from Free Trade agreements on your imports/exports?
DSV’s trade experts help you understand the complexities of Free Trade Agreements and how they could lower your costs through:
- Identify potential refunds on qualifying goods
- Determining/validating country of origin
- Reviewing FTA documents and validating certificates of origin
Please contact our trade consulting experts for more information on DSV's services.
Find more information about Free Trade Agreements